BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Funny, the sleep deprivation edition


It's been a long week.  I don't know how many times I've opened the fridge and stared into it waiting for my brain to remind me what I was looking for.  Or the number of times I've walked into a room only to forget why.  This is what happens when you have a very busy, very teething toddler who refused to let you sleep until the alarm goes off.  At 6am every morning, it's "hi!"  And we're up.  There's no settling her back to sleep at this age.  When she's up, the whole world must join.  It's fine for a couple of days, but right now, after five days of it, I'm losing my mind.  I imagine this is how it feels to burn brain cells as the result of years of drug use.  I actually made Charlotte's lunch this morning and then returned it to the fridge like she wasn't going to need it.  So, yeah... I already want a nap tomorrow.  The worst part of it all?  It's 10:30pm, and I'm not tired.  I spent all day drowsy, and now I'm wound up.  I think my adrenals may be shot... Again.  

Well, I've got an appointment for a "float" session at Float Nashville on Sunday.  Maybe 90 minutes in highly salted water and sensory deprivation will help reset everything.  We shall see... I'll post a review afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment