BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Recipe: Creamy Dreamy Mint Green Smoothie


Tonight, I experienced one of my toughest-yet power yoga sessions.  All of those warrior 2s, planks, and camels left me feeling like a champ... and starving.  After unpacking from the day and settling in, I whipped up this little treat to serve as my dinner.  

My favorite ice cream has always been mint-chip.  But since I no longer partake of standard dairy-based desserts, I like to get creative.  The nice thing about a raw food lifestyle is that you can enjoy something that tastes like dessert with zero guilt!  This milkshake-style smoothie contains plenty of vitamin-rich fruit and veggies with a great balance of carbs and protein for an after-workout recovery meal.  It tastes amazing, and won't weigh you down.  I will definitely be making this more often!


Creamy Dreamy Mint Green Smoothie

1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used my homemade hazelnut milk for this one.)
1-2 cups of kale
3-4 frozen bananas
1/2 cup fresh mint
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop plant-based protein powder (I use Plant Head brand vanilla protein.)
2 tsp Dandy Blend tea (optional, but awesome.)
Pinch of salt
Sweetener of choice (I used a scoop of stevia for extra sweetness.)

Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment