BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Favorite Green Juice Recipe


If you've been following me on Instagram, you've probably noticed that I drink a lot of fresh vegetable juice.  I love how I feel when I get that big glass of nutrient-dense liquid down my trap first thing in the morning.  I have tons of energy, and my body just feels good.  I can drink a juice and not get hungry for hours.  It's amazing what happens when your body is fueled on nutrients instead of sugar.  Lately, I've been trying to drink two juices per day, so I usually make a green one for the morning and a a root vegetable based juice for later in the day.  That way, I'm getting lots of variety, which means more vitamins and minerals.  My favorite green juice is easy and quick to prepare, yet also tastes great.  This can also be a very cost-effective juice that anyone can make.  

My Favorite Green Juice

1 cucumber, peeled if not organic
2 apples, any variety
1/2 lemon, peeled
1 cup fresh parsley
2-3 cups kale, or any green you like


I made this one today using dandelion greens with the kale.  I made a trip to Whole Foods yesterday and decided to be adventurous with some new green leafy veggies.  There was a tinge of bitterness from the dandelion, but I really didn't mind.  I love trying new stuff.  Give this a try and see if you love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment