BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Recipe: Simple Raw Spring Soup


Mother's Day brought along with it some heavier meals than I'm used to, and I was not feeling so great today.  My digestion didn't seem to be on-par, and I was very tired.  When I feel this way, I go back to eating lighter, simpler, raw foods in order to give my body a rest.  With that in mind, I decided to have juice for breakfast, a smoothie and some fruit for lunch, and this delicious green soup for dinner.  It's savory, creamy, and filling without weighing me down.  Made with simple, fresh ingredients found at any grocery store, this one is perfect for everyone and tastes like spring in a bowl.  Give it a shot and see what you think. 


Simple Raw Spring Soup

1 zucchini, peeled if not organic
1/2 yellow bell pepper
3 cups spinach or any other green of choice
1 cup water
1/4 cup fresh dill
2 tbsp red onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 avocado
Salt and pepper to taste

Roughly chop the zucchini, bell pepper, and onion, then add to a blender with the water.  Blend until smooth.  Add the greens, garlic, dill, vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper, and blend on high until completely smooth.  Next, add the avocado and blend on low just until creamy.  (Avocado will get frothy if blended too long, so be careful not to over-blend.)  At this point the soup is done.  You could eat it as is, or top with chopped veggies.  I topped mine with diced peppers, red onion, avocado, and radish sprouts that I grew on top of my hydroponic fish tank.  It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.  Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing this recipe for Simple Raw Spring Soup. Well, I don’t like eating veggies but always make sure that I am getting enough nutrients. I take these nutrients through Green supplements and green drinks.

    ReplyDelete