BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Recipe: Raw Cacao Cardamom Smoothie


This smoothie is one of my absolute favorite afternoon snacks, especially if I'm going to the gym or for a run after work.  It gives me tons of clean energy.  Cacao and cardamom come together for a lovely complex flavor.  The bananas are full of clean-burning carbs, and the hemp seeds are loaded with plant protein, perfect for building muscle.  I hope you enjoy it.

Raw Cacao Cardamom Smoothie

2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 1/2 cup water
3 dates
4 frozen bananas
2 tbsp raw cacao, or cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cardamom powder

Add the hemp seeds, dates, and water to a blender.  (Since I mostly make this at work, I used my Nutribullet.). Run the blender until the dates are blended smooth.  You should see them breaking up into smaller and smaller pieces as you blend.  This liquid will be the "hemp milk" base of your smoothie.  Next, add the bananas, cacao, cardamom, and vanilla.  Blend until creamy and smooth, and drink immediately.  


No comments:

Post a Comment