BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

"SweetTarts" Smoothie


It's been a long time since I had candy, but from what I remember, SweetTarts had a slightly sour and sweet flavor that I used to love.  I didn't set out to recreate that flavor, but this morning, it sorta happened by accident.  I did my usual "throw whatever I have available into the blender" routine, and when I took a sip, I thought "this is very familiar...".  After a few sips, it clicked.  It reminded me of those little candies I ate as a kid (and adult, who are we kidding?).  I thought I should probably share the recipe in case any of my readers crave sour-sweet snacks that aren't so healthy.  

"SweetTarts" Smoothie

1 cup chopped celery
2 frozen bananas
1 cup frozen pineapple 
1/2 cup raspberries
2 dates
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 scoop vegan protein (I used PlantHead vanilla raw vegan protein.)

Just blend all ingredients together until smooth and enjoy.  I topped mine with shredded coconut and cacao nibs for a little crunch, but that's totally optional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment