BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gratitude Tuesday: The Beginning of a New Habit



I'm starting a new habit.  The plan is to take time every Tuesday to post a short blog of things I'm grateful for that week.  The world can be a depressing place at times, and I hope that by writing down what brings me joy, I can make my world a little brighter each week.  It's been said that giving thanks is a great way to invite more positive forces into our lives, so why not give it a shot?  I love happy things, so why not invite more of them?  

I think I'll start with ten (in no particular order).  Here it goes:
1.  My beautiful little family consisting of a sweet, handsome husband and a funny and wild little girl.  They make me smile just by thinking about them.  
2.  Two precious fur-monsters who leave dog hair all over my house.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.
3.  My job where I'm able to earn the money to buy organic food to feed my little family, along with the other necessities that present themselves.
4.  Gorgeous spring weather!  The walks after work and the time spent gardening while Charlotte buries herself in mulch are some of my favorite ways to spend an evening. 
5.  Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  Even though I can't get them to open stores in my town yet, I'm thankful that they're close enough for me to shop them on the weekends and find the unique products that aren't available here.
6.  Evenings with Charlotte watching great educational programs like Cosmos and Blue Planet.  I hope that I'm instilling in her a love of science that I only discovered as an adult. 
7.  My amazing in-laws who care for our daughter as much as we do and who take excellent care of her when we can't be there.  She's already incredibly smart, and I'd like to think they've had a great hand that.
8.  Green and black tea.  Drinking tea throughout the day is one of the small joys I have the opportunity to experience on a daily basis.
9.  Chamomile tea.  To help bring me down after having too much green or black tea earlier in the day.  ;-)
10.  My home.  We are so fortunate to live in a nice home where I have room to garden and a big bay-window where the sun streams in every morning, and being close to the city-center is a welcome change after our time spent living in the wilderness.  


Why don't you make a little gratitude list for yourself and see if it changes your outlook?  It can't hurt.  Feel free to share yours in the comments.  I think sharing in each other's positivity is a great way find more joy in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment