BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Orange Cream Fruit Dip

I've spent the past three days battling a nasty stomach bug, so I'll keep this short.  


When I was at home for those few weeks after Charlotte's birth, I created a lovely orange cream fruit dip for the strawberries I seemed to be addicted to at the time.  Oranges are one of my favorite foods, and since they're in season, I had to bust it out once again.  There's something so pleasant about oranges and vanilla.  If you love orange dreamsicles, this will take you back to childhood.


Orange Cream Fruit Dip

1 navel orange, peeled
1/4 cup raw cashews
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medjool dates (could use any sweetener of choice)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
Splash of water

Toss all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding just enough water to get it moving.

This dip goes wonderfully with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and apples.  I'm sure other fruits would be great as well.  

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday, and make sure to incorporate some healthy raw food into your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment