BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Charlotte's Strawberry Smoothie

Happy Friday, lovely people!  I hope it's been a productive, positive, and uplifting week in your world.  I'm back to working in my office, although it currently has no insulation and only 2.5 walls, but at least I'm in no one's way.  I like being back in my space with my stuff, even if I have to run the heater 24/7 to keep it comfortable.  Hopefully, the remodel will commence in a week or so.  It all depends on what else we break around here.  😳


Anyway, earlier this week, I let Charlotte choose the ingredients for her own smoothie one morning, and I'll be damned if the kid didn't make one of the  tastiest smoothies I've ever had!  You go, kiddo!  So I figured I would share the recipe with you guys.  I've now had this one three times this week, and I don't think I'll tire of it anytime soon.  Plus, strawberries will be in season very soon, and this is a great way to use them.  Let me know what you think...

Charlotte's Strawberry Smoothie

Serves 2

2 cups strawberries, frozen or fresh
3 stalks celery
3-4 bananas, frozen
Handful of almonds, 10-15
1 Tbsp hemp seeds 
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 dates depending on size
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Blend everything but the bananas until creamy.  Then add the bananas, and blend again until smooth.  Voila!  You're done.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment