BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Simple Creamy Detox Soup

My digestion wasn't feeling so good today.  I'm not sure what was causing it, but I decided to give my tummy a little break.  When I came home, I took a look inside the fridge and threw some stuff in the blender.  It turned out very tasty, so I'm sharing it with you guys.  It took, literally, minutes to prepare, so I'm sure I'll be adding this to my go-to recipes for busy nights.


Simple Creamy Detox Soup

2 cups leafy greens (I used spring mix.)
1/2 a large cucumber
1/2 red bell pepper
2 green onions
1/4 red onion
10 spears of asparagus
1/4-1/2 cup cilantro
1 lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic 
1" piece of jalapeño 
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt

Roughly chop cucumber, bell pepper, onions, and asparagus, then add to blender with the greens, jalapeño, garlic, lemon juice, water, and cilantro.  Blend until smooth, then add the avocado, cumin, and salt.  Process until creamy.  Serve as-is, or top with something crunchy like hemp seeds or dried onions.  You could add other spices if you'd like or more jalapeño if you like it extra hot.  Toss in more veggies if you'd like.  The great thing about these raw green soups is that they're so versatile.  Have fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!!!!! Energy Soup, I love Energy Soup!!!!
    Peace & Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete