BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Smoothie Recipe: The Hormone Balancing Orange Dream

About three weeks ago, I received my new juicer, an Omega 8006.  Since then, I've been juicing every morning.  Typically, I'll wake up and drink a glass of warm lemon water followed by a green juice.  While I have the juicer going, I also prepare a sweet root juice to take to work, usually beet-carrot-apple-celery.  I call it "The Plant Blood."  

I like to go easy on my digestive tract in the early part of my day, so I will then make a smoothie to drink as my morning snack.  With oranges being in-season, I've been on a bit of a kick.  This recipe includes maca, of which I have shared the benefits in a previous post.  It's truly a SUPERfood.  It turned out so good that I just had to share with all of you.


The Hormone-Balancing Orange Dream Smoothie

2 oranges, peeled
2 frozen bananas
1-1/2 cups almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp chia seeds (I soaked mine in water overnight)
1 scoop protein powder (I used Garden of Life Raw Vanilla Protein)
2 tbsp Maca powder (optional)
Cinnamon & ginger to taste
Dash of cayenne pepper
Pinch of sea salt

I blended my fruits and almond milk until smooth before adding the other ingredients just to prevent over-processing of my superfoods.  I then topped my smoothie with a scoop of hemp seeds.  It reminds me of the orange dreamcicles that I had as a kid, but without all of the junk and processed sugar.  Delish!  Of course, you could add your favorite leafy green vegetable or some celery to this to give it extra nutrient power.  Please give this one a try.  It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment