BUILDING A COMPASSIONATE WORLD, ONE MEAL AT A TIME.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Raw Cheesy Kale Chips


If it's possible to overdose on kale, you may find me clinging to life with drool streaming down my face very soon.  Since my return from Miami, I've been bravely tackling some dehydrator recipes that I previously found intimidating.  My favorite, and easiest by far, has been cheesy kale chips.  Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet, and also beautiful, in my opinion.  I just love the vibrant green color, so I prefer dehydrated to baked chips.  You could bake these, but they won't stay as crisp or colorful.  I don't really care how you make them, just make them.  And then eat the whole batch!


CHEESY KALE CHIPS
1 bunch organic kale
Juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Sea salt to taste

Start by breaking the kale into about 1-inch pieces.  Pour lemon juice and olive oil into kale pieces and massage until the kale is evenly coated.  Then, add the sea salt and nutritional yeast and toss.  Once that's done, just spread the kale chips onto dehydrator sheets, or just the trays without non-stick sheets, and dehydrate at 115 degrees for about 8 hours.  

This is what they look like before drying.

I've been prepping a batch at bedtime every night, and they're ready by morning.  You can't beat having a fresh batch of healthy, salty, cheesy chips to snack on at work.

...And when they're done.

This recipe takes a matter of minutes to prep, so why not add this nutritional powerhouse to your diet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment